History of the club
Swipe left or right to view images.

Limerick Golf Club is located at Ballyclough, on the southern outskirts of Limerick City and is one of the oldest golf clubs in Ireland, founded in the same year as the Golfing Union of Ireland, 1891. The course and clubhouse are located on the original site of Roxboro Castle and grounds. The club boasts a mature parkland course, with a number of holes designed by Dr. Alister McKenzie, architect of Lahinch and Augusta National, and others by John D. Harris. The current layout measures 6500 yards in length and has a par of 72. Limerick has one of the largest memberships in the country with over 1300 members.

Featured Image
Limerick Golf Club has a proud tradition in competitive golf in Ireland, having won 16 national titles, and was the first Irish club to win a European title at senior level. The most recent Irish titles were the Barton Shield, All-Ireland Fourball Championship and Ladies Senior Foursomes in 2019. It has played host to many championships over the years, not least an exhibition match in the 1930s which included the famous American golfer, Walter Hagen, and our own John Burke.

The JP McManus Invitational Pro-Am, the biggest pro-am event of its kind in Europe, had its home at Limerick Golf Club from 1990, with the last staging in July 2000. The field included some of the biggest players in the game, such as Tiger Woods and Mark O'Meara, and was an enormous success, raising over €19 million for local charities. Both of these players returned to Limerick Golf Club in 2001 and were conferred with Honorary Life Membership. Tiger Woods presented the flag from the 18th green of The 2000 Open Championship, held at St. Andrews, to the Club.

A new, modern clubhouse was opened by Padraig Harrington in August 2007 and offers magnificent views over a large portion of the golf course. Full catering and bar services are provided and the restaurant has a reputation for very high quality presentation and service.